Here are five reasons you should sign up to Vote-By-Mail.
1) Vote-By-Mail is safe, convenient and free.
- We need to take COVID seriously. During this pandemic, the safest way to vote will be to vote by mail.
- More than 200,000 Democrats in Miami-Dade County are signed up for Vote-By-Mail. You can sign up in just a few minutes by calling 305-499-8444 during business hours, or visiting www.votefromhome.miami.
- Vote-By-Mail is free in Miami-Dade County. If you choose to mail back your ballot, you do not need postage in Miami-Dade County to return your vote-by-mail ballot.
2) Vote-By-Mail increases turnout.
- The Florida Democratic Party did a study of voter turnout rates after the 2018 elections.
- Across the board, voters who are signed up for Vote-By-Mail turn out to vote at higher rates than the general population.
Vote by Mail makes it easy for YOU to turn out!
3) Vote-By-Mail is good for ALL elections (not just the presidential election!)
- You don't need an excuse to request a vote-by-mail ballot in Florida.
- When you sign up to get your ballot mailed to you, you can check the box to receive it for "All Elections" for two general election cycles. That means, when there's a local election for city council or a special election for County Commission, you'll get a ballot for that election, letting you know in no uncertain terms, that there's an election happening! Check a box, sign your envelope, mail it back and you've just helped your local community without ever leaving home! How easy is that?
- Some of the most important elections that affect our daily lives are held at different times than presidential elections. Sign up for Vote-By-Mail and be sure you won't miss a single one!
4) Vote-By-Mail gives you options
If you're signed up for Vote-By-Mail, you have many ways to vote.
- Always remember to sign the back of the envelope.
- You can mail your ballot but be sure to give it plenty of time to get to the Supervisor of Elections. Definitely mail it before October 17!
- You can also complete your mail ballot, seal it, sign the envelope, and take it to any early voting site and drop it in a secure dropbox there.
- See? Vote by Mail is all about options!
5) You Can Verify Your Ballot Was Received
- You can check online that your ballot was received and counted. Go to www.checkmyballot.miami to verify that your request was received, that your ballot is on its way, and then verify it was received back and counted.
So, those are just 5 reasons why you should be signed up for Vote-By-Mail.
Ready to sign up? Go to https://www.votefromhome.miami. You'll be asked to sign up for ballot alerts from the Miami-Dade Democratic Party (that's us), and then you'll be directed to the Elections Department web portal to sign up. Need step-by-step instructions for how to apply? We've got this handy video here: