TO: Juan Cuba, Chair, Miami-Dade Democratic Executive Committee
FROM: Teresa Gavalda, Out-going Chair, Credentials Committee
SUBJECT: Interim Credentials Committee Report
The credentials committee reviewed and verified the applications of the following Democrats at the December 6, 2016 reorganizational meeting. The committee confirmed the applicants' party registration and identified precinct where vacancies existed. The committee recommended the Democrats listed in the attached table as Elected committee men/women for their respective precincts.Read more
- General Counsel
- Finance Committee Chair
- Credentials Committee Chair
- Rules & Bylaws Committee Chair
- Affirmative Action Committee Chair
- Voter Registration Committee Chair
- Issues Committee Chair
- Campaign Committee Chair
- Legislative Liaison Committee Chair
- Interclub Council Chair
- Labor Committee Chair
- Communications Committee Chair
- Training Committee Chair (new ad-hoc)
- Budget Committee Chair
Congratulations to the newly elected leadership of the Miami-Dade Democratic Party! Chair Juan Cuba, First Vice Chair Dotie Joseph, State Committeewoman Francesca Menes, State Committeeman Bret Berlin, Secretary Anaruth Solach, Treasurer Arthur Costa, Outreach Vice Chair Erika Grohoski Peralta, Programs Vice Chair Chris Riker.
from left to right: Arthur Costa, Chris Riker, Anaruth Solache, Bret Berlin, Dotie Joseph, Juan Cuba, Francesca Menes, Erika Grohoski Peralta
After almost five hours of speeches and politicking, Democrats elected a dynamic, progressive team and entrusted them with the hard work of party building. The full minutes of the meeting can be found here.
We would also like to thank the Democratic Executive Committee members who attended the 2016 Re-Organizational meeting, all the candidates who put their names on the ballot and shared their vision for the party, and all the new members who joined the DEC yesterday. This momentum must not be lost as we move forward.
There are also a couple Democratic Clubs hosting holiday parties:
- South Dade Democrats are hosting a holiday party this Sunday, December 11 at 5pm at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Miami located at 7701 S.W. 76th Avenue, Miami
- Downtown Dems are hosting a holiday party on Thursday, December 15 at Fado Irish Pub located at 900 S Miami Ave, Ste 200, Miami, Florida 33130
Thank you all very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Very rowdy group. Thank you, my friends. Thank you. Thank you, thank you so very much for being here and I love you all, too.
Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I'm sorry that we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.
But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together, this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.
I know how disappointed you feel because I feel it too, and so do tens of millions of Americans who invested their hopes and dreams in this effort. This is painful and it will be for a long time, but I want you to remember this. Our campaign was never about one person or even one election, it was about the country we love and about building an America that's hopeful, inclusive and big-hearted.
We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.
Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power and we don't just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things; the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these values too and we must defend them.
Stop by a Clinton campaign office today and volunteer!
- Wynwood Office: 2215 NW 1st Pl, Miami FL. 33127
- Hialeah Office: 1840 W 49th St, Suite 310. Hialeah, FL. 33012
- Miami Gardens Office: 4773 NW 183rd St, Miami Gardens, FL. 33055
- Naranja Office: 27417 S Dixie Hwy # 20 Naranja, FL 33032
- Little Haiti Office: 5905 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL. 33150
- Coral Gables Office: 401 Miracle Mile, Suite 301, Coral Gables, FL. 33134
- Pinecrest Office: 9543 S Dixie Hwy, Pinecrest, FL. 33156
- FIU Office: 1321 SW 107th Ave, #212A, Miami, FL. 33174
- Little Havana Office: 2140 West Flager #102, Miami, FL. 33174
- Aventura Office: 17971 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 201, Aventura, FL. 33160
- Miami Beach Office: 420 Lincoln Rd, Suite 375, Miami Beach, FL. 33139
- Allapattah Office: 1726 NW 36th St #7, Miami, FL. 33142
- Liberty City Office: 675 NW 62nd St, Miami, FL. 33150
- Coconut Grove Office: 3743 Grand Ave, Miami, FL. 33133
- Kendall Office: 11605 SW 88th St, Miami, FL. 33133
- South Miami Office: 5587 Sunset Dr, South Miami, FL 33143