We will be sending one-of-the-largest delegations of Miami Dems to this year's 2015 State Party convention. The convention brings together activists, operatives, candidates, and elected officials from across Florida every two years to decide the future of the Democratic Party. This year's convention will be at Disney's Yacht Club Resort in Orlando from Friday, 10/30 through Sunday, 11/01.
The deadline to register as a delegate and pay your registration fee has passed.
The agenda for the convention can be found here. Some of the special events require you to purchase an extra ticket including: Friday night reception, Saturday breakfast, Saturday night gala and reception, and Sunday brunch. Those tickets can be purchased here.
Delegates are expected to pay for their own travel to Orlando. For the convenience of our delegates, we are arranging a chartered bus. The round-trip price is $50. The bus will leave Friday morning at 7am from the parking lot of the Central Labor Council office located at 4349 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166. And it will make another pick-up in Broward at the AFL-CIO office located at 1700 NW 66th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313.
The bus will leave Sunday at 3pm and be back in Miami by 7pm on Sunday. Get your tickets now.
Delegates must make their own hotel reservations. The hotels we will be staying at are:
- Disney’s Yacht Club: $219 special room rate. You must book the room before October 15. To book, call 407-934-7000 and mention that you're booking for the Florida Democratic Party Convention.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista $109 special room rate. There are only 25 rooms available at this rate. You must book the room before September 29. You can book your room online or call 407-827-4000 and mention that you're with the Miami Dems Delegation.
Delegate Only Activities
- Pre-convention reception is being planned for Thursday, October 8 at 6:30pm at Fado's Irish Pub. This will be a delegate meet & greet/ orientation. The first drink will be on the house and light appetizers will be provided.
- Welcome reception is being planned for Friday, October 30 at 6pm at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. This is for Miami Dems delegates only.
- A social media contest is being organized. More details soon to come.
Saturday, November 2nd is around the corner and you won't want to miss our Blue Gala 2019. Join keynote speaker Hakeem Jeffries and featured speaker Nikki Fried as we prepare for a special night that will end precisely one year before we head to the polls to replace Donald Trump. Tickets starting at $75 available at miamibluegala.com sign up for email updates, and join us at county and local club meetings to learn how to get more involved.