Former state rep & longtime Republican Mike Fasano just endorsed Amanda Murphy, the Democrat running to fill his seat in House District 36.
Are you ready to send Amanda to Tallahassee over Bill Gunter, the Tea Party, bought-and-paid-for GOP candidate?
Join one of our phonebanks for Amanda before election day on October 15th:
- Miami Gardens Phonebank, Sunday, October 13th from 4 - 7 pm: 1925 NW 179th Street, Miami Gardens. RSVP here.
- South Dade Phonebank, Monday, October 14th from 4 - 6 pm: Home of Bob and Sherrye Troy, 10450 SW 109 Street, Miami. RSVP here.
- Little Havana Phonebank, Monday, October 14th from 5 - 8 pm: Miami Dems office in Little Havana, 2141 SW 1st Street, Miami. RSVP here.
- OR you can make calls from home: Email Roy Aguillon at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Congressman Joe Kennedy III, Ed Schultz Coming to Miami for First-Annual Blue Gala
Congressman Joe Kennedy and MSBNC's Ed Schultz will join Miami Democratic elected officials, community leaders, and supporters for the first-annual Blue Gala hosted by the Miami-Dade Democratic Party on Sunday, November 17th at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables.
"Since he was elected to Congress, Joe Kennedy has emerged as a leader fighting for social justice and economic opportunity for all Americans," said Miami Dems chair Annette Taddeo-Goldstein. "He has a long, bright future ahead of him, and we are excited to welcome him to Miami."
I first saw Joe Kennedy speak when he flew down to San Antonio to stump for then-Senator Barack Obama in February of 2008. I was traveling from state to state to get out the vote for our President. Joe's speech was delivered off-the-cuff and from the heart. It moved me and everyone in that room.
Joe and his uncle, Ted Kennedy, saw in Obama what many of us did: he reflected and articulated what is best in America — a belief that we are stronger when we work together and hold each other up.Read more
Florida — don't forget these names and faces: These are the Florida House Republicans who voted FOR the shutdown (full list after the jump).
Get involved now so that next November, we can shut down the GOP.Read more
We can help you survive the shutdown — by registering voters who will make sure we send GOP congresspeople packing next year.
Here's how it works:
- Drop by the Miami-Dade Dems office (2141 SW 1 Street, Suite 204) this Friday, October 4th between 4 and 8 pm.
- Pick up a clipboard with voter reg forms.
- Register 5 voters.
- Drop off the completed forms at our office any time on Monday.
- Rinse and repeat next weekend!
Together, we are going to #shutdowntheGOP.