Joe Garcia is back on the trail. If one has attended any community event in South Dade these past couple of months, there was a fairly good chance of spotting the former congressman. With a newly drawn congressional district, which seems to favor democrats on paper, Garcia feels he has a great shot to unseat the man who unseated him. The chance to flip a house seat will make the general race one of national interest.Read more
TALLAHASSEE — Andrew Korge, the Democratic challenger to state Sen. Anitere Flores of Miami, on Wednesday accused Flores of lying about her environmental record in response to a POLITICO Florida story.
"Flores can't be trusted," Democratic challenger Andrew Korge said in an emailed news release. "She is lying about her record and South Florida is tired of these two-faced politicians.”
Senator Anitere Flores, the Senator now most-associated with the dangerous conditions at the Turkey Point Power Plant once described the relationship between the legislature and state utilities regulators as a "love fest". As citizen concerns over hyper-salinated water mount, Flores' current actions are being called into question as too little too late
We want to congratulate the winners of the May 7 Delegate elections!
- CD23 - Clinton Delegates are Diana Pittarelli, Stephanie Grutman Zauder, Frank Ortis, Henry Rose. Sanders Delegates are Jamie Friend and John Archer
- CD24 - Clinton Delegates are Dorothy Bendross Mindingall, Elizabeth Judd, Edith Owens, Bernard Jennings, Eddie Lewis and Fedrick Ingram. Sanders Delegates are Kira Willig and Chris Riker
- CD25 - Clinton Delegates are Marco Giron and Sandra Ruiz. Sanders Delegate is Amparo Glukstad
- CD26 - Clinton Delegates are Leonarda Duran-Buike, Maria Lindor-Latortue, and Mark Songer. Sanders Delegate is Giancarlo Espinos
- CD27 - Clinton Delegates are Daniella Levine Cava, Daisy Baez, and Ken Russell. Sanders Delegate is Bruce Jacobs
If you would still like to be a delegate, you can still apply to be an At-Large, PLEO or Alternate. Click here to download the 2016 PLEO, At-Large and Alternate Delegate Filing Form. The deadline is Monday, May 9 at Noon.
The Miami-Dade Democratic Party Appoints Artie Leichner as Senior Policy Advisor
Miami, Fl - The Miami-Dade Democratic Party announced today that Artie Leichner has joined the Party Leadership as a Senior Policy Advisor. Artie’s primary focus will be advising Democratic legislative candidates in South and West Miami-Dade. He will use social and traditional media to enhance the name recognition of candidates and advise them on messaging.
A former teacher, First Vice President of the United Teachers of Dade and Treasurer of The South Florida AFL/CIO, who currently serves as President of the nascent “Deep South Democratic Club,” Artie brings a wealth of experience and strong communication skills. In taking on this important role, Artie has also decided to suspend his State House campaign.
Juan Cuba, Executive Director of the Miami-Dade Democrats said “Artie will be a great asset to our leadership team. He brings a unique experience and skill set that will help us win in November.”