Are you interested in running for political office? There are a lot of organizations that will help you decide if running for office is right for you. There are some questions you will want to answer before you jump in: what is the right office for me? how much money will I have to raise? how much time do I need to spend campaigning? among other questions.
Here are some materials and websites you should look into.
Coaching / Training
- Politics the Wellstone Way
- New Organizing Institute (NOI)
- NOI's Candidate Project: Should I Run?
- Emily's List: Making the Dough Rise (fundraising)
- Why Don't Women Run for Office?
Local Organizations that provide Leadership Training
Organizations that provide candidate training