Due to concerns about the spread of coronavirus in large groups, this event has been indefinitely postponed. Please stay tuned for further details.
Two days before the Florida primary election, Democrats from across Miami-Dade will gather in the city of Doral, the same city of Donald Trump's luxury golf resort he has suggested for the next G7 summit.
On Sunday, March 15, 2020, the Miami-Dade Democratic Party will be holding our Blue Forum and Fair. There will be booths for meet and greets with Democratic candidates and organizations that share our values; as well as food and a cash bar. Later in the day, there will be a Mayoral Forum featuring several Democratic candidates for county mayor.
We will be seeing many more presidential candidates in Florida, so stay tuned for details about special guests at this convention.
Tickets for the Blue Fair & Forum will be $40. Tickets include a meal and the first 100 ticket-buyers will get a free Miami-Dade Dems T-Shirt. Get yours now!
If you only want to attend the candidate forum, tickets are free, and we encourage you to RSVP here as we expect a full house.
Candidates, vendors, and organizations that share our values, interested in participating should purchase a ticket for the fair. There will be a survey after ticket purchase with details on getting a table for the event at no additional cost. The sooner the better.
Candidates who have confirmed they will be at the fair (as of Friday, March 6, 2020) are as follows:
- Franccesca Cesti-Browne, Candidate for State Representative, District 115
- Javier Estevez, Candidate for State Representative, District 105
- Dr. Nancy Lawther, Candidate for Miami-Dade County School Board, District 9
- Maureen Porras, Candidate for State Representative, District 105
- Danielle Cohen Higgins, Candidate for Miami-Dade County Commission, District 8
- Luisa Santos, Candidate for Miami-Dade County School Board, District 9
- Clint Barras, Candidate for State Representative, District 120
- Melba Pearson, Candidate for Miami-Dade State Attorney
- Dr. Marie Flore Lindor-Latortue, Candidate for Miami-Dade County School Board, District 7
- Kevin Chambliss, Candidate for State Representative, District 117
You won't want to miss this great opportunity for us to gather, learn from each other, and remind ourselves why we're in this fight, just days before we vote in Florida's Presidential Preference Primary.
12:00 PM: Fair Begins
4:00 PM: Meal
5:00 PM - 7 PM: Mayoral Candidate Forum
Sign up for email updates, and join us at county and local club meetings to learn how to get more involved.