We want to congratulate the winners of the May 7 Delegate elections!
- CD23 - Clinton Delegates are Diana Pittarelli, Stephanie Grutman Zauder, Frank Ortis, Henry Rose. Sanders Delegates are Jamie Friend and John Archer
- CD24 - Clinton Delegates are Dorothy Bendross Mindingall, Elizabeth Judd, Edith Owens, Bernard Jennings, Eddie Lewis and Fedrick Ingram. Sanders Delegates are Kira Willig and Chris Riker
- CD25 - Clinton Delegates are Marco Giron and Sandra Ruiz. Sanders Delegate is Amparo Glukstad
- CD26 - Clinton Delegates are Leonarda Duran-Buike, Maria Lindor-Latortue, and Mark Songer. Sanders Delegate is Giancarlo Espinos
- CD27 - Clinton Delegates are Daniella Levine Cava, Daisy Baez, and Ken Russell. Sanders Delegate is Bruce Jacobs
If you would still like to be a delegate, you can still apply to be an At-Large, PLEO or Alternate. Click here to download the 2016 PLEO, At-Large and Alternate Delegate Filing Form. The deadline is Monday, May 9 at Noon.
Please complete the form and mail to:
Florida Democratic Party
ATTN: PLEO, At-Large, Alternate
214 S. Bronough Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
The selection process for delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Philladelphia, PA works as follows:
- The results of Florida's March 15, 2016 presidential primary election were used to apportion delegates to the national convention. You can find the full allocation here.
- On May 7, 2016, grassroots Democrats from each of Florida’s 27 congressional districts will meet in congressional district caucuses to elect 140 district-level delegates to the Democratic National Convention.
- Following the congressional district caucuses, in conjunction with the Florida Democratic Party’s Leadership Blue weekend, the district-level delegates will meet to select 27 Pledged Party Leader and Elected Official (PLEO) Delegates, 45 At-Large Delegates, and 17 At-Large Alternates to the Democratic National Convention.
* Delegates pay their own travel and lodging. The Convention is in Philadelphia from July 25 through July 29. The average flight costs about $200 and the room-rates at the convention hotel for Florida delegates (Downtown Marriott Hotel) are $560 per night (1 King) and $630 (2 Queens) with a 4-night minimum.