We are launching a fundraising competition in February
Our goal is to raise $50,000 by the end of the month
The local Miami-Dade Democratic Party is not subsidized by the DNC. We are a self-funded, membership-driven organization of dedicated volunteers. We don't think our Party should be funded by special interests. That's not how we build a winning coalition. The Party needs to be funded by people like you and me.
This month (February 2018) we are launching a fundraising competition with a goal of collectively raising $50,000. These funds will allow us to ramp up our efforts to:
- mobilize volunteers for the State House Special Election in May;
- ramp-up our Neighborhood Organizer program where we recruit, train and mobilize Democrats across Miami-Dade;
- and continue our candidate training seminars, and start building a more comprehensive candidate development program that includes training, mentoring, and ongoing guidance to future candidates.
- continue guiding and strengthening our clubs through support for voter registration, membership drives, and voter contact efforts, to better position Democrats to mobilize and win in the 2018 and 2020 elections.
The word "fundraising" can be scary, but we are not asking you to raise millions of dollars from people you never met. We are asking you call you friends and colleagues and ask them to invest in our shared political future.
Here's how it works
- Sign-up below. If you have never done this before, don't worry. You will receive training
- Make a list of friends, family, and acquaintances.
- Call them and ask them to consider making a monthly recurring contribution of at least $5 or more. If they can't make a monthly contribution, ask them if they can make a one-time contribution.
- Send them a follow-up email or text with the link to contribute.
- monthly contribution link is: www.miamidadedems.org/sustaining
- one-time contribution link is: www.miamidadedems.org/blue2018
- Participants that recruit the most Sustaining Members will be recognized at our next meeting. As will participants that raise the most total dollars.
This is how we build a winning coalition. This is how we become a Party of the people.
I hope you will join us in building a people-powered political future.'
Note: if the form is not displaying properly, please use this link.