Thank you all very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Very rowdy group. Thank you, my friends. Thank you. Thank you, thank you so very much for being here and I love you all, too.
Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I'm sorry that we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.
But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together, this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.
I know how disappointed you feel because I feel it too, and so do tens of millions of Americans who invested their hopes and dreams in this effort. This is painful and it will be for a long time, but I want you to remember this. Our campaign was never about one person or even one election, it was about the country we love and about building an America that's hopeful, inclusive and big-hearted.
We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.
Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power and we don't just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things; the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these values too and we must defend them.
Stop by a Clinton campaign office today and volunteer!
- Wynwood Office: 2215 NW 1st Pl, Miami FL. 33127
- Hialeah Office: 1840 W 49th St, Suite 310. Hialeah, FL. 33012
- Miami Gardens Office: 4773 NW 183rd St, Miami Gardens, FL. 33055
- Naranja Office: 27417 S Dixie Hwy # 20 Naranja, FL 33032
- Little Haiti Office: 5905 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL. 33150
- Coral Gables Office: 401 Miracle Mile, Suite 301, Coral Gables, FL. 33134
- Pinecrest Office: 9543 S Dixie Hwy, Pinecrest, FL. 33156
- FIU Office: 1321 SW 107th Ave, #212A, Miami, FL. 33174
- Little Havana Office: 2140 West Flager #102, Miami, FL. 33174
- Aventura Office: 17971 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 201, Aventura, FL. 33160
- Miami Beach Office: 420 Lincoln Rd, Suite 375, Miami Beach, FL. 33139
- Allapattah Office: 1726 NW 36th St #7, Miami, FL. 33142
- Liberty City Office: 675 NW 62nd St, Miami, FL. 33150
- Coconut Grove Office: 3743 Grand Ave, Miami, FL. 33133
- Kendall Office: 11605 SW 88th St, Miami, FL. 33133
- South Miami Office: 5587 Sunset Dr, South Miami, FL 33143
If you have questions about voting, please visit: http://www.miamidadedems.org/howtovote
Join us for the annual BLUE GALA hosted by the Miami-Dade Democratic Party honoring the accomplishments of several prominent Democrats: Mayor Philip Levine, Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava, Chairman Jean Monestime, Christian Ulvert, Mike Abrams, Sergio Bendixen, and Alfredo Duran.
Tickets start at $250
Where: JW Marriot Marquis Miami, 255 Biscayne Blvd Way
When: September 23rd; 7pm cocktail reception; 8pm dinner
Notes: Black Tie optional; discounted valet provided at the hotel; and if you use BLUEGALA promo code, you will receive 25% off your Uber ride.
For the second consecutive election, Miami-Dade County Democrats have decided to challenge every single Republican on the congressional or state legislative ballot. "The party of Trump will not get a free pass this year," Cuba said. "We welcome these brave Democrats for stepping up and giving voters a choice between progress and hate."
Every Trump Republican will have to explain to their constituents why they should re-elect them when they represent a party that has disrespected minorities and promoted a hateful agenda against the working class.